8 Basic Coverage Options for You Need Your Boat
Boat insurance is a smart investment to protect your vessel from a variety of damages. But before you purchase a policy, it’s important to understand your coverage options so you know exactly what it is that you’re paying for. Most insurance providers offer the following options:
- Liability: Covers bodily injury and property damage suffered by other boaters after an accident that you caused. This coverage often includes medical expenses, property repairs, legal fees, third party lost wages, wreckage removal and fuel spill cleanup.
- Medical payments: Covers necessary medical expenses for you and your passengers, regardless of fault.
- Physical damage: Covers your watercraft and its permanently attached equipment (such as the motor) from collision with another boat, a submerged object, a pier, a buoy, a dock or debris, along with theft and vandalism.
- Personal property: Covers belongings stored on your boat, such as fishing equipment, clothing, electronics, cameras etc.
- Boat equipment: Covers boat accessories, such as navigation devices, anchors, lifejackets etc.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft: Covers your medical expenses and property damage following a collision with an uninsured or underinsured watercraft operator. This coverage can also include your lost wages during recovery.
- Towing and assistance: Covers the transport of your boat if it’s rendered inoperable.
- Boat trailer: Covers damages to your boat trailer.
If you have any questions or would like to receive a free boat insure quote, call your independent agent today. We’ll assess your unique needs and find the best coverage possible for your budget so you can sail through spring and summer worry-free.
Ready to get started today? Call Casey Insurance Group at (443) 822-4517 for more information on Miami boat insurance quote.