Several risks arise when moving goods and property. Transportation equipment or cargo may be damaged, destroyed or stolen. Marine insurance can provide essential coverage for these exposures through ocean marine insurance and inland marine insurance.
Our agents can discuss the available options to help you secure the policy that is right for you. Contact us for details.
Marine insurance offers coverage for businesses involved in maritime operations, such as manufacturers, distributors and vessel owners. Coverage may include the following:
- Marine hull coverage—This may cover ocean-going vessels, tugboats, barges and other commercial watercraft if a covered peril physically damages them or their machinery or equipment. Coverage for other floating equipment and some fixed property (e.g., offshore installations) may also be available.
- Marine cargo coverage—This may cover waterborne cargo during any part of the shipping process if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered cause or if it is stolen.
- Marine liability coverage—This may cover a ship owner’s liabilities to third parties that arise during the watercraft’s operations. It may also be known as protection and indemnity (P&I) insurance.
Coverages, exclusions and limits vary depending on the policy. Working with an agent can help ensure you find a policy that best fits your needs.
Inland Marine Insurance
Another type of marine insurance is inland marine insurance that may cover property as it is shipped overland on trucks, trains and other automobiles. It may also provide coverage for the following:
- Specialty equipment
- Unique or valuable property (e.g., art and jewelry)
- Property stored temporarily by a third party
- Third-party property that is temporarily in your care, custody or control
- Movable property
- A variety of other property and equipment may be eligible for coverage. Speak with your agent to learn more.
Casey Insurance Brokers is the US filing agent for the Edward William / ION Insurance Marine Surplus Lines program. Casey Insurance Group/Brokers is licensed in, and can file surplus, in 45 states including USVI.
ION Insurance Company is a Federally authorized United States Surplus Lines Company. ION Surety Company S.A., ION Insurance Company, Inc. (US), and ION Specialty Ltd (UK). 2019 Group Balance Sheet Assets are US$195,000,000.
Pleasure/Wet Marine Authorized: FL, LA, AL, GA,AZ, HI, NV, NJ, NM, PA, SC, WA, USVI
Charter/Ocean marine: Every states except CA
Contact Us Today
Several types of businesses should consider marine insurance, including importers, exporters and those that work off-site or with movable property. Our agents can discuss your operation’s needs and help you secure the optimal policy. Contact Casey Insurance Brokers to get started.